Hobby Lobby's Lawsuit

Sep 25, 2012
review #347643

Hobby Lobby Corporation has filed a lawsuit in order to allow the company to deny their women employees some forms of birth control.I find it unconscionable for Hobby Lobby to impose their agenda on the health care decisions that their female employees may make.

Until they withdraw this lawsuit and change their policy toward their female employees, I will not shop at any of their stores and I will let all of my friends know about their actions.I will no longer support Hobby Lobby or any stores that take similar actions against women and women's health care issues.

c1b7830
Had an experience with Hobby Lobby?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Nov 22 Robstown, Texas

I absolutely agree with you. Christians think they should be able to rule the world and make rules for everyone including non-Christians! Hobby Lobby puts Christmas décor out in September so they can force that despicable holiday on everyone! Hobby Lobby is only successful in the dim-witted bible belt states. You know, Southern states with double digit IQ's, astronomical teen pregnancy rates, families with 19 kids and counting, full of violent crime, corrupt local governments, virgin births, and the most insane people on the planet! The best thing that is happening with less and less people dumb enough to believe that moronic pile of ***, is less republicans, and less HobbyLobby stores!! The world is about progress and change and indoctrinating a child is CHILD ABUSE! Thank the universe more and more children are escaping indoctrination than ever! I hope I live to see the demise of religion, the world will NEVER have a moment's PEACE until religion is just a bad memory!

W h o r e

Jun 26

Simple solution... Buy your own pills, or keep your legs closed, but I'm assuming buying your own pills might be a lot easier for you

Nov 22

Yeah it seems like a simple solution BUT TEXAS is full of dumb twits with 3 kids before they turn 20!

Jul 28, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

After reading all of these comments I'll gladly tell you the issues at hand. Obamacare is forcing all health insurance providing businesses to cover the day after and the week after pill. Regardless of your beliefs, this company that is based our their religious beliefs does not support this. Hobby Lobby insurances does currently cover birth control, as I am an employee and known this first hand but it refuses to cover a drug that causes abortions. If you really look at what they are fighting you would understand they are not the ones trying to control women's health care. That is what the government is doing. I'm sorry but I do not want to be paying premiums for another employee's reckless decisions. Hobby Lobby is fighting the law that requires them to go against their beliefs, and if you really think about it, that in itself is against the law. The government forcing someone to go against their beliefs is unlawful. Oh and let's not forget that any woman that does choose to be reckless and *** without any form of birth control can simply go to her local pharmacy and purchase the day after pill for herself. So the argument that Hobby Lobby is doing something wrong here is completely unfounded.

2 0 Reply
jeeperjohn

Jan 25, 2013

I make sure I spend as much as I can there. I used to go to other stores for my art supplies but since hobby lobby has beliefs based on common sense I'll keep supporting them. A new bill was introduced which will give Hobby Lobby a tax credit for every dime that the facistic obummer regime penalizes them with.

notcatholic

Dec 28, 2012 Portland, Oregon

I hope Hobby Lobby goes bankrupt. paying the million dollar fines. Why do they think they have the right to dictate medical issues to their female employees? They want to be a church- well register as one. Keep your *** religion to yourself...just sell your *** cheap Chinese craft ***.
And...Plan B is not equivalent to an abortion. Get educated morons.

cashier for the lord

Dec 29, 2012

Hobby lobby is not denying women healthcare. hobby lobby is a christian company. the mandate forces them to abandon THEIR christian beliefs...you are the ones that need to be educatex. the morning after pill and the week after pill are still abortion. its not right for the government to force their liberalistic viewd on this christiN company. whats next? The government will try to control the church. and why did our ancestors come to find this great country? I rest my case.

Nov 22

Our Ancestors came here to AVOID AND BE FREE OF RELIGION!! Only the states with a double digit IQ teach anything other than the truth! THIS WORLD WILL NEVER HAVE A MOMENT'S PEACE UNTIL ALL RELIGION IS JUST A BAD MEMORY! Christians view Muslims as evil, non-believers can see that Christians are just as evil and controlling in a different way. Catholicism is the most well-funded *** organization in the world!

Lawl

Dec 24, 2012

Just stfu about this already. Guess what? Your comments about it don't make a difference. Get over it ;]

FinnandJake

Dec 18, 2012

A judge has thrown out HL's lawsuit. They say that they cannot eliminate forms of contraception based on religious views that HL has instilled. Yay! HL you suck!!!

lawl

Dec 24, 2012

You're a tool.

Chris

Nov 29, 2012

Joan (September 25th), Every employer has the right to choose what coverage their insurance plans pay for (until Obamacare). If they pay for contraceptives, isn't that enough? You being a responsible woman should give you the intelligence to notice they are providing something that prevents the need for the morning after pill. How can you say they are limiting the type of care their female employees receive? What about men? Here is a logical question for folks to think about too; If your government tells you this is the best thing for you, why are they not mandated to do the same thing?! Use your common sense. I applaud you Hobby Lobby. The United States has given every religion the space, freedom, and non intrusion that it continues to take from Christianity. I am applying for a job with Hobby Lobby right now!

Jp keenan

Nov 29, 2012

Good for Hobby Lobby standing up for Christian values and I will support them with all the business I can give them.

cc

Dec 09, 2012 Georgiana, Alabama

Well, actually madame -- you'll be giving communist China all the business - you know - where female babies are aborted, murdered after birth by neglect - or housed in orphanages. Are you a pea brain?????????????????????????

Dec 10, 2012 Prescott, Arizona

I understand the support you are giving them, but as an employee of the company myself I find it selfish that they are risking the jobs of all of us (over 15,000 people) over this ***. That is not right, regardless of religion.

Obamacare's HHS mandate for bu

Oct 11, 2012

Good for Hobby Lobby. They are a Godly company. They are taking a strong stance AGAINST the evil ObamaCare mandate that all businesses must provide abortifacients to their employees thru insurance providers. This is murder. All people who follow Christ must support Hobby Lobby in this courageous stance. God Bless Hobby Lobby. You are doing the right thing.

Randy

Oct 01, 2012

American Muslims can opt out of ALL of Obamacare because they see any form of insurance as gambling. And we endorse and applaud them for standing by their religious convictions. Insurance violates their religion, so under Obamacare, the non-Muslims will quietly pay for Muslim healthcare because healthcare providers are not allowed to refuse services to anyone. Hobby Lobby could opt out of Obabacare for any number of less-important reasons (thousands have already done so) but they continue to choose to provide full medical benefits except for the one thing that they consider to be “murder” (and duh, the morning after and week after pills ARE abortion *sheesh!* whether you think that it’s murder or “health care”). Hobby Lobby already pays for pregnancy prevention, but they don’t want to be forced to pay for something that they consider to be murder (pregnancy prevention and abortion are both aspects of “birth control” yet the public dialogue does not separate them – Hobby Lobby does). Folks, we have to get our heads together on what we’re doing to ourselves and to what we’re allowing to be done to us. Even if you don’t agree with Hobby Lobby’s stance on this point, don’t allow yourself to miss the big picture!!

Nancy

Dec 28, 2012 Detroit, Michigan

Morning after pills are not abortion. They only work to decrease the likelihood of fertilization by disrupting ovulation. If the egg has already been fertilized it's too late and the pill will not disrupt the pregnancy. I have never heard of a week after pill so I don't know what they do.

Xfiles33

Sep 28, 2012

It not all forms of birth control, just the morning after pill, according to my friend who still works there. I honestly don't know how I feel about it. If I still worked there, I would probably have a stronger feeling toward it. The morning after pill is not that expensive in the first place, but why all the fuss? David Green probably sees it as a form of abortion or something. Anyway, go figure!

Theyhavetheright

Sep 26, 2012

Be glad they even offer health insurance. Under Obamacare they could just opt out and pay the penalty, which I'm sure would be a lot cheaper than the cost of providing their employees health insurance.
A company should be able to tailor their health insurance coverage to offer whatever they want. Now while I think Hobby Lobby should offer birth control coverage, I don't think they should be forced to. People who don't like this can choose not to shop there and no one is forcing anyone to work there.

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.