I picked up a small print from the framing department and was not allowed to carry it to the front to pay for it at the check out.The employee told me they were worried about me hurting myself from the glass if it broke.

The store is full of large mirrors and picture frames and employees arent carrying them to the front to the cashier. She not only carried it to the cashier but she held on to it and waited until the cashier was ready for me and HANDED it to the cashier. I was shocked and offended. I know that shoplifting is epidemic.

But this was beyond insulting.

Thank GOD Michaels is opening up across the street.I will never use Hobby Lobby again

Had an Experience with Hobby Lobby?

Comments

Orange, California, United States #913610

They did the right thing, if you got cut due to your carelessness then your parents can sue the store.

Awww did u tell you're mommy?How rude of her to carry such a thing for you.

Paranoid much?

All HLs walk their custom orders up..the custom orders go towards payroll.Is it too much to ask a company to protect its assets.

Since the item hasn't been paid for it is policy for an employee to carry the work up.This is for your protection and to protect the store.

Sounds like it was explained to you that this was policy, so I'm not sure why you felt singled out and offended. Either you're very sensitive or you had nefarious plans.

Regardless, your complaint has absolutelyno merit.Trust me, the employee was more annoyed than you were.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #698137

Complaints when you do and complaints when you don't. Pissed consumer for whatever reason. That sums up this whole available forum.

Venice, Florida, United States #697515

Is this seriously your complaint?That an employee helped you carry a picture frame to the front of the store?

That is called customer service... not degrading.

I would have welcomed the help and even thanked them.Sounds to me like you were more upset that you didn't get to steal it.

listen i am an hl employee and i can tell you that most of my day is taken up caring large pictures mirrors and other bulky items up to the front and all the way to a customers car and if you want to steal micheals is a better choice they dont care 8)

I used to work in Hobby Lobby's custom framing department and found most customers liked the fact that employees carried their orders to the register for them.

Why were you offended, unless she foiled your plans why were you offended?

Seriously Anonymous?You actually found it necessary to complain because someone carried your picture to the front for you?

What a freak! People steal things that have been framed all the time. In fact the framing department makes the store the most money so them carrying it to the front in necessary.

You're just mad because you didn't get a chance to steal it.Ah, well, now you can just go steal from Michael's.