3.3K views

I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99.

Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 .My 40% coupon was refused at their Always (which indicates their regular price) price and even when speaking with a manager I was told their computer system wouldn't allow another adjustment- really?

As If they have never had to do an override or take additional off due to damaged merchandise! Their total lack of customer focus and doing the right thing was appalling. I even got the same attitude from their corporate customer service.

Will not shop there again!Maybe they need to read the definition of Always ( at all times, on all occasions).

Review about: Hobby Lobby Coupon.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Hobby Lobby?

Comments

Michelle9040

I'm sure these lawyers would like to hear about your experience.

Trussville, Alabama, United States #1299772

Hobby Lobby entered a settlement regarding these type issues with the state of New York. A class action lawsuit is presently pending in Alabama for this type deceptive practice.

Palmetto, Florida, United States #1254659

Their 30% offf furniture is the coupon, like many stores you cannot use a coupon on top of another coupon. My store will let you use a 40% off coupon instead of the 30% so you can save an additional 10%.

to Anonymous #1299775

I understand the point.Hobby Lobby has made up a price and gives you a discount off a price for which they have NEVER sold the item.

If you do the math the supposed 40% off is really only about 12% off the EVERYDAY price. That is a very effective but deceptive marketing technique. It is taught and studied at most business schools.

Many customers think they are getting a 40% off bargain and buy.These same customers would not likely buy for only a 15% discount.

to Anonymous #1305126

No this is not taught at most business schools lol.

Hobby Lobby doesn't have scanners and there is literally have no way of changing the price for you.They have a single button.

Apparently you have never worked retail. You either get 30% or 40% off. Not 70%.

Sorry to break it to you, but no store does that.Especially when you are rude.

to Anonymous #1299774

I would like to have more information regarding your understanding of the point of sale computer system. Your information seems to contradict sworn testimony of Hobby Lobby's IT representative in a federal lawsuit for deceptive marketing.

I'm surprised at the people defending Hobby Lobby in this case.And I'm usually a fan of theirs.

The coupon says 40% off their REGULAR price. Just because they call it their "sale" price, in this case, it is not a SALE price. It is their REGULAR price, every day, all the time. They let you know what might be called the "list" price (anyone in retail knows this could easily be an elevated price, but that's beside the point), what another store may charge you, to show that their price is better.

They are stating this IS their REGULAR price, which is great.

However, when a coupon becomes available for any "regular priced item", the furniture should be included in this unless it's already been discounted from THEIR regular price for some reason (i.e.damage) or if the coupon says it does not include furniture.

What you are missing is that if every item of furniture hobby lobby sells is 30% off warehouse prices EVERY DAY, then that is really their regular price.It isn't a sale.

It is a scam. I mean, goodness, most of us have worked in enough retail at one point or another to know that a sale price is one that is changed regularly with sales ads or holiday specials etc.

Putting one price and then striking through it to put another then selling it for that EVERY day is not a sale.Pure and simple.

to hmmm #1081352

That was in response to Kerri, the former cashier at HL below. It keeps posting in the wrong place.