Bellevue, Washington
3.7K views 14 comments

I used a gift card at Hobby Lobby.Upon returning the items without the card, I was told that the refund had to go back on the card.

Related: Hobby Lobby - Never again will i go to they sore

I returned with the card and was then told by the cashier that the refund would be made in cash. The manager was summoned and he told me that the refund had to be made onto an exchange card. All I wanted was the money to go back onto the card. He also told me that the register did not have the capability to do this type of refund.

Hobby Lobby does not have this return policy posted and upon speaking to two people at the corporate office, I was informed that this is not the policy and the manager should have put the refund back onto the gift card. This manager was rude to me, embarassed me and lied to me.

His business tactic is unethical and unfair the the consumer.I was a loyal Hobby Lobby shopper and I will never conduct business there again.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hobby Lobby Cashier
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $36
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Hobby Lobby?

Comments

Independence, Ohio, United States #1232921

Bottom line is did you get a refund?Onto the old gift card, a new gift card or in cash...it shouldn't matter to you as long as you got your money back.

All it cost you was a trip home for the original gift card and maybe your feelings got hurt a little bit.Man up or woman up already.

to Anonymous Dublin, Ohio, United States #1241706

Apparently you work for the company because I had the same experience with a manager and I am a General Manager in a place of business and your customer always comes first, so treat them with respect no matter whose fault it is that being said you should mind your own business.

Your gift card was, in effect, the receipt.

You didn't take it with you, which isn't really their fault.

How were they to go what you wanted, "put the money back on the card" if you didn't bring it?

If they have a no refund without receipt policy, then they were just protecting themselves.

It seems your angry at them for your fail and deciding to punish them with bad feedback.

How could this have cost you $36?You did not say they refused to refund you, and if they did, without proof of purchase,my of have the products you bought.

Two major things about your complaint make it appear HL is not the dishonest one in this.

to Anonymous Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1223382

Actually I had a similar issue where I DID BRING IN MY STUFF worth $60 they did give me a gift card and I walked back to get what I was exchanging and as I walked back to the front 15 mins later they said the gift card was no good and to call the 1-800# on the card.Then the lady said "the manager refused to speak with me" so I yelled that out then he runs over to me.

So here I am 2 days later without my items and a gift card that is no good!

So keep taking up for a store that is *** and closing down (and now I see why) if it was the other way around I would have gone to jail for theft!You must work for them to be taking up for them like that.

I tried to get a gift card from the store and they told me they don't have gift cards in the store. I asked where I could get 1 and they said they didn't know try the gas station or walmart.

I don't understand. If they put the refund on an exchange card, how was it stolen?

josey

That was one person out of thousands. Grow up already!

Joe Blow

You're a knucklehead.

hahah

Get your panties out of a bunch, You are the *** one here not them. I'd be rude to you too you sound like a ***.

Your Mother