How is it legal for them to do a reture take your a stuff then freez the card so you cant spend it thats fraude and even having all receipts say i committed fraude by giving them my phone number.. that was turnes off same day but working when they asked.because i switched carryers that night..so he says that gives them the right to still my money and not release funds on gift card..who the *** does that..if i did that i would be charges buy local authority's for fraud ..something needa to be done..ill never shop there and ill stop eveyone i know from shopping there all so they can still $71 from me hope its worth it..

Product or Service Mentioned: Hobby Lobby Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I feel your pain

#1419644

After reading several reviews on this site, as well as multiple others, Hobby Lobby seems to have a lot of issues with suspecting and confronting their customers of possible theft and handling the incidents incorrectly. I can't speak for the incidents that I have read.

In my situation, I had a 5X7 picture framed at my local Jacksonville store. They did a good job and the price reasonable. However, when it was time to pay, the framing employee had to escort me to checkout and actually hold the finished item in their hand while I paid. I knew why they were doing it but the Manager on Duty told me, it was to help me with my purchase.

I mean ...it was a 5x7 package. When I contacted another store and Corporate they bluntly told me it was to prevent theft. That is what I already assumed. I just wanted to hear them say it.

If you think that every single customer that is coming into your store is just there to steal from you, that is not a very positive perception of your customers.

And since this company is so consumed by their Christian values... it comes across more like Christian hypocrisy.