This is really a 2 in one complaint: one is my surprise at a missed business opportunity, the other customer service generally.

1) Called in to ask if there was a way to get or buy smaller samples of a variety of posterboard, since the only other option is to go in an buy 30 3 ft by 3 ft posterboards. I mentioned that it was for a small business and I was trying to pick a material for an item, and that if I could find a posterboard I liked I would be purchasing hundreds. Well, the guy I was talking to cuts me off and says he could give me 30 8"x10" "samples" but that I would also be charged an 8$ fee for cutting each one. Which would effectively make everything much more expensive than just buying each in the original 3' x 3' size.

So my surpise here is at the opportunity to secure a long-term customer for quite a bit of material.

2) As I started to ask another question, the guy I was talking to (art department) hung up on me mid-word.

During the entire encounter, I had never sounded cross or grumpy or raised my voice. So this just boggles me that I would be received so poorly

Product or Service Mentioned: Hobby Lobby Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I would like to sample the posterboards in the Art Department, without having to buy each gigantic posterboard separately. Once a posterboard is selected I would purchase large numbers of that product. At this point I want to go somewhere else though..

• samples
  • Missed Business Opportunity
  • Art Department
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 30, 2016.

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1208422

Do you think samples are free to the store? Your whole 'they don't want to make money' line is ***.

They obviously do want to make money. That is why they are charging you for the samples.

They have to cut sale items to make the sample for you. That costs money.