Why does such a successful business not provide BETTER maternity leave for their employees than just the FMLA?I've been with this company for almost 8 years and work myself to the bone and take good pride in my job, but yet I'll have to take my vacation that I have worked so hard for and my PTO time off in order to still be able to get paid when I do take maternity leave.

If all I took was just the FMLA I would lose my house and my bills wouldn't get paid. If I were rich the FMLA wouldn't bother me a bit, but I'm not and it does. I just feel that such a "christain company" would look after their faithful employee's alot better.

I don't feel that I'm asking for much, but some payment for maternity leave is better than nothing if it means that it will keep food on the table.Thank you for your time.

Comments

I still work for Hobby Lobby, and I am extremely upset because we are not allowed to use PTO for inclement weather.I dont understand this nor do I think it's right.

As for customers, we do not keep extra coupons, we are not allowed by the coroporate offices to do so.

We are also not as *** as customers try to make us out to be.If you have a problem with something not being on sale, wait till next week.

This is the worst company I have ever worked for.They treat their employees like slaves.

They claim to have raised wages to 11 dollars an hour, but what they don't tell you is how they cut peoples hours to less then 40 hours a week. More like 32-33 hours are what full timers work. Their managers routinely work 90 plus hours a week without any extra pay.

In Fact, they are being investigated for doing just that.Terrible place to work.

#199221

I worked 3 days and got fired for being late...this made me go through the employee handbook..tardy and not keeping "KEY " employees ...I think was on page 26.I was fired by christians with christian music. :eek