Hobby Lobby - Review about Painting Framing from Lebanon, Ohio

131 of 351 Hobby Lobby reviews

I toolk an original oil painting worth $100 to hobby lobby to be framed.I told the framer it was an oil painting and could not be touched on the paint.

The framer scratched places on 1/3 of the painting and all they offered me was $2.50 off the picture framing on another painting. Then the store manager did not want to give me her last name til i insisted. And then i asked for something in writing and she claimed they didnt have letterhead. i have been a regular hobby lobby customer for years and this is disappointing and unprofessional.

I thought they were a christian based store.No christ-like treatment for me today.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Painting Framing
Review category
Shopping
review #614522

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hobby Lobby? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
131 of 351 Hobby Lobby reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
kitkat

Mar 29, 2015 #965375

Call corporate!

2 0 Reply
pulltype

Mar 28, 2015 #964794

I can't imagine an original oil painting NOT worth at least $100, but you will need a receipt or estimate. Give THEM something in writing: a notice from your local court that they have been sued in small claims court.

0 2 Reply
anonymous

Mar 28, 2015 #964777

How do you know your original oil painting is worth $100.00? That might just be your opinion.

3 1 Reply

Apr 16, 2015 #972685

One would assume that she's just taking about the supplies used which would easily be worth at least $100.

1 0 Reply

Jun 18, 2015 #996913

As a painter, let me explain something to you. When we decide how much our paintings are worth, we factor in many things: How many hours we worked on it (and generally we charge whatever the minimum wage of the area/at the time is) and the costs of materials (canvases, paints, mediums, brushes. These are all things that factor into the price). There's a *** good chance this person knew how much they'd spent on materials, and how much time they spent on the painting, and did the math to figure out how much the painting would be worth. I have original oil paintings that range from $75 to $300. Don't go after someone and say what they are claiming their painting to be worth to be just their opinion.

0 0 Reply

Jan 04 #1088912

Just because you spent a bunch of money on supplies for a painting and put time into it doesn't mean that's what it's worth. It's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. I could throw paint at a canvas and say it's worth 200.00 but if no ones buying it. It's.... Well not.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hobby Lobby. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hobby Lobby.
Filing a new complaint about
×