4.3

I was shopping in Maine yesterday and found your wonderful store , I was very impressed by every part but one.I was checking out and ran out of American money, I had lots of currency on hand in Canadian .my bill for thus store would have been 300 plus , but I was told by the clerk she could not take canadian money.

Come on people get with the program, we r neighbours and travel back and forth between countries often, you would swear I was passing out yen .This to me shows you don't value Canadians business .Therefore although your store is beautiful I guess I'll stay away on principle and will also tell others to do the same.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Hobby Lobby?

Comments

I think YOU need a program to get with.The exchange rate is not the same.

Also, its not the company who makes this decision to stick with our own currency its the, what's it called? Oh! The governments! When I first read this I thought it was a joke.

But its actually funnier knowing the person who posted this is serious!!

Ever heard of travelers checks?They've been around awhile.

If you are going to shop in the U.S., then get some American dollars first.How hard is that?

No, they don't want to be bothered with Canadian currency! Who wants to worry about keeping up with daily exchange rates and then having to take it to the bank and convert it to USD and then lose money on the exchange.

How stup*d is that?I guess next we need to take pesos from Mexico!

Are you aware that there isn't word spelled "r?" Canada and the US might be neighbors but the last I heard is that Canadian money busy less than the US currency.It annoys me when I accidentally receive a Canadian coin because vending machines in the US don't accept them.

As far as I have heard the coin counting machines in banks don't count them, just pass them through and whoever receives one is stuck with it. I was having US stores refuse the occasional Canadian coin, way back in the 80s.

This isn't anything new, apparently you haven't come across it before.Do Canadian stores accept US currency?

to anonymous #994125

Stores in bordering communities do typically accept currency from both sides of the border.