Call any hobby lobby and ask them if they carry Chanukah merchandise. When they say no ask why.

You'll be shocked at the indifference or ignorance (depending on the answer) of the employee you ask. Pursue the fantastically dumb answer you get up to corporate and you'll definitely be shocked and awed when you hear about why hobby lobby does not carry ANY Jewish themed merchandise. HINT: Mr Green the owner.

I can't wait for the poor financial results reported at years end because of this ignorant decision of hobby lobby. Of course I'll be to busy shopping at michaels this Chanukah to give a hoot about hobby lobby's declining stock value, but i know I'll make the time to be sure ALL my friends and business associates know how ridiculous and wreckless a CEO can be in his values.

Comments

Texas, United States #889683

Really? Do you have nothing better to do than gripe about things on the internet?

We do actually carry Jewish merchandise, but maybe your prejudice blinded you from being able to see it. #GetALife

Not our fault your a Jew, shop somewhere else...and to "ME" get over it and pay for your own birth control ,not hobby lobby's fault you can't keep your legs closed, ps. Women get treated the way they want to get treated

Hobby lobby wants to swash Womens rights.They are sueing the govenment to take birth control off their insurance plan.Yes they want to do that but refuse to pay women a living wage.If you want women off birth control then you should pay them enough money to support their children.My very large extended family refuse to shop a company that disreguards womens rights,WE COME A LONG WAY BABY

to ME #800152

Check your facts. They are looking to not cover 4 specific types but have no problem with coverage for routine birth control pills. It's this kind of misinformation bopping around the internet that gets people riled up and yelling at employees.

Norcross, Georgia, United States #780100

Actually, you are wrong. And Adrienne2013 is also.

I have bought Chanukah merchandise at BOTH stores.

Even got cards and wrapping paper on post-season discount at Michael's. (also got post-season Chanukah dog-toys at Pet Smart)

Hobby Lobby is a private company, Champ. There are no stockholders. There is no stock price.

Glendale, Arizona, United States #762864

Well sorry to disappoint you but sales were better this year than last.

adrienne2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #743766

Just and FYI Michaels doesnt carry Channukah items either. I went shopping for them today and was told they didn't carry Channukah items.

Ooooo grow up!

I am an atheist and I shop any store if they carry what I need.

You want something jewish then go to an exclusive jewish store.

Apache Junction, Arizona, United States #728361

You just mad because you know the stores owner is Christian. Many stores dont carry jewish items y dont u attack them.

Your just mad because a lot of their merchsndise is Christian. Go somewhere else. I dont go to a jewish market and cry because there are no crucifixes.

U just want something to complain about. Quit playing victim.

Since when can a store not decide what they want to sell?.....I personally would NEVER complain about a store because they are not forcing me to shop there....If I shop somewhere and I do not like something about the store I simply go somewhere else...

PEOPLE ARE SPOILED.....they want what they want... period... and EXPECT it...For ANY store....if you do not like something about it....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE....MANY customers just cannot be pleased.......and stores know that....more and more stores are exhausted from trying to please people....

I own my business. This is how I know this....and I have PLENTY of business and am about ready to close because I am exhausted from trying to please SPOILED people who also can't afford what they want.....

to Complaints Atlanta, Georgia, United States #739305

Oh I couldn't have said it better myself!

to Complaints Burlington, Wyoming, United States #775482

Exactly. SO many customers today have this twisted sense of entitlement.

They assume that they can get absolutely anything they want, on sale at ridiculously cheap prices, and handed to them on a silver platter. They do act like spoiled brats.

The Hobby Lobby I work at has over 60,000 items at any given time not including the mountains of ever changing seasonal stuff.(And there WERE a few Channukah items also this year)

People expect us to have literally EVERYTHING. But harsh reality dictates that this unrealistic demand is impossible. Where do these people get these ideas?

Television? Movies? A lifelong lack of parental guidance? The internet maybe?

"Just push this button, and ALL your wishes will be fulfilled." :grin

The bottom line is, that everything we purchase at any establishment, takes money, time, and effort to produce.

It doesn't just materialize out of thin air. Even if it did, they are not all entitled to it immediately, in spite of temper tantrums.

Pacific, Washington, United States #725531

Hobby Lobby hates Jews? What an outrageous statement. How many other stores carry this merchandise....are you also railing against them, because, having looked for items for Passover, this is true of most stores.