Hobby Lobby - Wrongful Accost and Accusation

98 of 351 Hobby Lobby reviews

Update added by user Aug 27, 2015

Company addressing my concernd

Original review posted by user Aug 22, 2015

On Aug.21,2015, I and my son were WRONGLY ACCOSTED and ACCUSED,by the Asst Manager, Mr.Carwin Spearman at the Hobby Lobby Store #618 located at 1777 Boston Post Road, Milford, Ct., OF PILFERING ITEMS.

When we entered the store I had in a bag 2 items, WITH RECEIPT, I intended to return/exchange which were bought from the store on 8/18/15. While deciding, I TOOK OFF A SCOTCH TAPE FROM ONE OF THE ITEMS THAT WERE IN THE BAG. MEANWHILE MR SPEARMAN WAS WALKING DOWN THE AISLE. THAT WAS WHEN HE QUESTIONED WHAT I WAS TINKERING.

HE THEN COMMANDED ME TO RETURN THE ITEMS BEFORE I CONTINUE WITH MY SHOPPING!!! TO WHICH I RETORDED that he was PREEMTYING ON HOW I WISH TO DO MY SHOPPING. I REQUESTED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER, MR. PATRICKDIAZ, WHO ADMITTED THAT WE WERE TREATED VERY RUDELY AND PROFUSELY ASKED FOR DISPENSATION.

I ALSO TOLD HIM THST I WOULD RETURN ALL THE OTHER ITEMS I BOUGHT AND WILL NEVER AGAIN SHOP AT HOBBY LOBBY!I ALSO INTEND TO WRITE TO THE OWNERS AND WOULD PURSUE ACTION AS MY LEGAL & HUMAN RIGHTS HAVE BEEN VIOLATED.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• How i was treated

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Wall Decor
Review category
Shopping
review #687439 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hobby Lobby? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 4 No 4
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
98 of 351 Hobby Lobby reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 01, 2015 #1028054

I was there and saw what happened. You are lying. Mr Spearman was polite and courteous, and you were horrible. He calmly explained that he was merely trying to help, but, you were entirely unreceptive and rebuffed everything he said.

5 5 Reply

Sep 01, 2015 #1028400

Thanks for clearing that up. There's always more to the story.

4 3 Reply
joe

Nov 20, 2015 #1066983

And who are you? Probably Mr Spearman himself.

0 0 Reply

Aug 25, 2015 #1024810

Don't act like you might be stealing and they won't bother you.

0 1 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1024107

What do you expect from a company that tries to dictate what goes on in people's bedrooms. Shop at Michael's or any other store that doesn't try to push their extremist views down people's throats.

3 7 Reply

Aug 25, 2015 #1024812

They are not extremists. Anyone can do whatever they want, but Hobby Lobby doesn't have to support it. If you don't like their policies, don't shop there.

3 2 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1024048

really your human rights were violated ? what type of legal re-course do you think you have cause a manger at a local hobby lobby was rude , seriously get a grip!

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hobby Lobby. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hobby Lobby.
Filing a new complaint about
×