2.5
Poster increased review rating.

All I went in for was the 'Creative Inspirations' booklet things for ideas and plan what I'd get on my next visit; I also looked around the store in general for cool/interesting things for potential Xmas gifts (you know, to watch for sales on later). Of course I didn't go to a line because I didn't have anything to purchase, but I got pulled aside because of it - the manager (?) Pennie was trying to accuse me of shoplifting, saying the 'cameras saw me' and such, and she had me empty my pockets!!

After that harassment, I of course asked if she was convinced by my now empty pockets, or if we needed to call someone about this incident... and she said no, because I was banned? To not come back again? What, they're so embarrassed that they had wrongfully accused me, that they had to keep me from returning to complain in person?

Completely unprofessional, and rude, and I'll not be purchasing from any Hobby Lobby again. At the Quad Cities, IA store on Elmore Avenue, early September '17.

Review about: Hobby Lobby Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Location, Diversity in products, Selection and sales.

I didn't like: Poor management, Pennie.

Comments

I know for a fact that hobby lobby has a no confront policy(friend used to work there at assistant manager) and second if your in the USA that is they don't have the right to detain you or stop you for that matter as they are not police. for example at Walmart your not legally required to stop for the receipt checkers at the door they're just there for a lazy form of loss prevention. I would definitely get a lawyer in your case as you were unlawfully stopped and detained not to mention possible discrimination due to the officer not taking your health condition seriously

h.kitchener

In a situation as you describe, the thing to do when confronted by store personnel and accused of shoplifting is to immediately tell them that you did nothing of the sort and if they think you did, then either show me the tape or call the coppers as I am leaving. Why in the world would anyone empty their pockets for some store employee?

A copper, yes. And, if they do summon the coppers and all is good, then you have a potential cause of action against the employee and/or store.

to h.kitchener #1380603

I unfortunately did not think of that - I just wanted to quickly resolve it so I could go on with my day, and in the moment thought going along with it would be all that was needed. Besides, I wouldn't have thought they'd ban me for just 1 mistaken shoplifting incident.

. a warning & keeping an eye on me for my next visit, sure, but she escalated much faster than what seems reasonable to me.

Also, she claimed she was the manager; my thinking was 'prove to the manager, it'll fix itself '. I don't have history with being accused like that , so I guess I thought they'd be fair or reasonable, but I guess not

demians_soul_36
to h.kitchener #1441324

Police in mu town are just as evil and corrupt as hobby be lobby, please read my review of my experience nightmare "wronfully accused of shoplifting"

demians_soul_36